Monday, October 10, 2011

I'm still finding paint on my hands...

Why is it that no matter how carefully you think you washed your hands and no matter how many showers you have taken, you will still find paint on your hands two days later?

After I posted on Friday, I got a text from the ex letting me know that the bank had approved us for our short sale!  While there are a whole slew of logistical issues with a short sale, the actual approve was one thing we were worried about.  Mostly because we don't qualify in the typical short sale setting - when you are already not making payments on your loan.  Thankfully, the information we put together was enough to give us the go ahead.  We were told to have our realtor handles the financial information still needed and to put the house on the market at a fair value price.  So, YEAH!  Now we can officially get this going.

In preparation, I did a lot of work around the house this weekend.  I painted (as the title suggests).  Mostly just touched up parts of walls that I had spackled months ago and never got around to painting.  And I painted the closet doors in the hallway.  Just a few things to make the place look a little nicer.  The contractor is coming tomorrow to repair the hole in the bathroom and replace a 2x2 square in the basement that is damaged because of the leak.  So after that is done, next weekend I will paint those two rooms and we should be good to go.

I also spent a lot of time packing things up in the house.  I figured, I have to have the POD already and who knows what's going to happen next - I might as well be as mobile as possible.  So I am going to live with the bare minimum.  I am packing all the kitchen stuff that I can.  I have all my books and crafting stuff and dvds packed up.  I packed up majority of my linens and towels.  I'm hoping that I can get most of my things in the POD next weekend so that the house is as simple as can be.  Hey, if I'm going to be paying for the POD, might as well get my money's worth.

We still haven't gotten anywhere with the basement carpet issue.  A coworker told me that Lowe's has carpet pretty cheap and that if you buy from them, they will install for free.  So I have the ex looking into that.  I have a feeling that could be a last minute addition right before I leave for the trip.

So I had a pretty busy weekend, especially compared to some of my recent weekends.  As all of this is starting to come together, I'm looking forward to my family trip even more!

Oh, a special shout out to Melissa and Justin on their two-year anniversary today!  Love you guys.


No comments:

Post a Comment