As I may have posted here quite a few times, I finally found an apartment I liked in the City.
On Sunday, I stopped by to pick up my keys and show the place to Amanda. While I was there, I managed to grab some photos of the place completely empty. I figured that's the best starting point to showcase the transition of decorating and moving in.
I am considering this a 101 goal completed because I truly believe I will live here for a while. I love the location, it's right in the middle of everything, and it is a great space that is dog friendly. It helps that Brooke lives less than a mile away. I see plenty of activities in my future...
Anyways, on to the (empty) house tour!
The view from the front door.
It's hard to see the amazing light fixture in the hallway. There is the bathroom directly to the right of me and that first door is the bedroom. I love that the hall closet has a full length mirror set into it.
The bathroom - don't you love the blue tub and toilet?
View of the bedroom from the door.
View of the bedroom from the far corner.
The living room (shot from the dining room)
The living room (another angle)
The sun room (shot from the living room)
The dining room (shot from the kitchen)
The dining room (another angle)
the kitchen
the kitchen (the other side)
The pantry (totally makes up for the lack of counter space)
As you can see, there are a lot of really great features and some little "issues". Lack of counter space and old sinks/bathroom is one. But, for an old building, it's got really great details.
It will be interesting to figure out how to layout all of my things and there are some definite purchases (an island/cart for the kitchen), but I'm really excited about it.
I'm going to do my best to track my decorating process here.
Aaah! Great space, Megan!!! Love all the French doors, and the hardwood! Can't wait to see what you do to this place to make it yours!
ReplyDelete