I don't know what my problem has been with decorating this place. As my mom could attest (based on the number of "ugh, I don't know"s that I utter when we are out shopping), I've been having a hard time committing to decor ideas/purchases for my apartment. Maybe its the fact that everything is costing me money right now and I'm trying to be cautious of how I am spending my money.
Also, I blog/internet stalk a lot of websites.... a lot. About a year ago, I found Brittany Fuson Paper online and love her adorable fashion illustrations. Let's me honest, I LOVE all kinds of fashion prints. I have a whole pinterest board just for fashion prints and I already have some Inslee By Design prints in my hallway.
So imagine my excitement when I see a post on facebook that Brittany Fuson was having a half off sale on a bunch of her prints. That was enough to push me to order four of my favorites.
My initial thought was the buy wide mats in various colors to play up the colors in the illustrations and then buy some simple white frames. After cruising around Michael's, I decided that I was just going to go simple white mats and silver frames.
I think my decision was better than my original plan. The white mats and silver frames make the prints stand out more and will be easier to transition to future homes/spaces.
I love them and I love how artwork in my bedroom is finally (over a year later) making it look like I actually live there. It takes it from an apartment to my home.
Now, if I can just buy a real mirror to hang instead of the makeshift one I have. Oh, and if I can finally find some throw pillows to make my bed look more pulled together.
*I also have some ideas for artwork in my dining room (the last space that really needs something) and also in the bathroom to make it a little less utility. Maybe another year from me.
**I kid about the year.... hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment