Friday, December 6, 2013

Christmas time (aka the "emotional post" Sara has been waiting for)

Sara, I hope you appreciate the title call out.  :)  XO!

I know I teased about writing this big emotional post about Christmas time... and then I basically when blog MIA for the rest of the week. Good job Megan!

I talk about it every year on this blog, how much I love Christmas time.  Heck, I even had a 25 days of my favorite Christmas music countdown.  I am one of those people that is generally excited when the stores start putting up Christmas stuff in October.  I listen to Christmas music starting in November.  I decorate.  I have a holiday party.  I LOVE that Christmas spirit and general feel that the holidays brings.

But since my break out a few years ago, I find myself "forcing" that good cheer.  Since my breakup happened a couple of days before Christmas on that year, it's been really hard to move on from that bad feeling.  No matter how much I feel I have moved on from the relationship.  Just like any event in your past that made some sort of impact - it never really goes away.

I think the holidays amplifies the emotions of everyone - be it the positive or negative ones.    This year seems to be harder.

Maybe it's the fact that I'm frustrated with work right now.  Or that two of my amazing friends just moved away.  Maybe it's the lackluster dating - or lack there of.

Whatever it is, it's making me feel like a Christmas Cheer phony!  So I am doing my best to work myself out of it.

I'm making attempts to get myself out and about so I am not just stewing at home. I've got my holiday party next Saturday.  I'm doing what I can.


2 comments: