Monday, January 13, 2014

Golden Globes 2014 Fashion

I love Award show season purely for the red carpets.  Though, to be honest, you get better views of the dresses in the photos after.  They don't see to show anything worthwhile during those red carpet shows.  And E!, that mani-cam.... enough.

I yesterday I had on the pre-show and the pre-pre-show while I was doing some other stuff and only made it through the first hour and a half before I bailed to watch Downton Abbey.

I did scope out quite a few dresses and after browsing again this morning online, I have three categories.  LOVE, Undecided, and Incredibly disappointed/What was she thinking!

So, on with the photos!

LOVE

Cate Blanchett - the dark lace... the back.... the simple hair and jewelry.  Amazing!


I mean, check out that back!


 Julianna Margulies - She said on the red carpet she felt very "bad princess".  I kind of liked that about it.


Kate Beckinsale - LOVE, although she doesn't tend to wear the same thing all the time.


Lily Rabe - I don't watch American Horror Story so I had to look her up.  But this dress is amazing.


Lupita Nyong - I know it is very similar to Gwyneth Paltrow's 2012 Oscar dress, but it's still lovely.


Margot Robbie - So simple and very wearable for us non-celebrities.  I see a Rent the Runway knockoff in the future.  Also... those green Loubs... come on.


Olivia Wilde - FTW.  Seriously.  She wins.  This dress has two of my favorite components... it's green and its sparkly.  And she knocked it out.


And lastly for the loves, this red number that Tina Fey wore.


In an overall review, I was pleased to see so many column style dresses instead of mermaids, mermaids, mermaids.

UNDECIDED

Caitlin Fitzgerald - I think I want to love this dress and the color, but I can't decide because of the mock turtlneck.


Emma Watson - a dress and pants.  I love the dress and I guess this is a pretty interesting way to address the completely open back.  I don't know.



 Sandra Bullock - Colorblocking, the sweeping helm, the deep v neckline.  I can't decide.


And finally....  and most sadly...

INCREDIBLY DISAPPOINTED/WHAT WAS SHE THINKING

Jennifer Lawrence - JLaw, you broke my heart with this dress.  I was looking forward most to seeing you and Kerry Washington... and this dress... come on.


and speaking of Kerry Washington - oh Kerry, no.  Just no.  This disappointed me more than JLaw.  I can't.  The hip flaps, the boring color.  Maybe she just isn't feeling very wonderful in her pregnant body, but ugh.  She phoned it in.  So disappointing.


Julia Roberts - did she just come from the office?


 Paula Patton - oh good God no!  Aren't we over the giant ruffle stage yet??


Zooey Deschanel - She is seriously the cutest, yet she manages to look the dowdiest she possible can.


1 comment:

  1. I actually really liked Emma Watson's choice and I liked Zoey too but the matchy matchy shoes are too much for me.

    ReplyDelete