Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Trying not to jinx it - this week's dating

Over the course of the last week, I've been having a few conversations with people I've "met" through my various online dating channels.  Various - oh man - it's sad that it's so true.

Anyways, so over the weekend and Monday (which work was hitting the downhill slide), my dating life was getting interesting.  I'm dubbing this week my "playing the field" week.  Two dates with two different guys. 

You guys, this blog might just get interesting!  :)

Back to my point....I set a time to meet for drinks (yesterday) with Guy #1.  He and I have been "chatting" off and on since before Christmas.  He was that guy that thinks its okay to invite someone out "in 20 minutes", so I didn't think I was seriously going to meet him.  In fact, when we did actually pre-plan a date after Christmas, I ended up cancelling on him because I got a weird vibe and didn't want to go.

Long story short, we got back to chatting and decided to meet for a drink.  Given my work situation yesterday, I REALLY didn't want to go on a first day but knew  that if I cancelled on him again that this would be the end of that opportunity for him.  So I went.

And honestly, I'm really glad that I did.

He looked like his pictures.  I was actually attracted to him (imagine that).  He was very personable and chatty.  We had a really nice time talking about everything and anything.   And when the date was over, he gave me a kiss on the cheek, asked me to text him that I got home okay and said he would like to see me again.

So score one for the dating life this week.  We'll see when we get around to planning something again.

I have my first date with Guy #2 tomorrow - someone I actually know from college (very loosely).  Should be interesting.  I have actually been really excited about this date, so we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. Score ten points for the guy who looks like his photos!

    ReplyDelete