Friday, February 25, 2011

Goals Check-in: February Round Up

I hate February....  so I'm glad it's over.  Although, I seriously feel like I JUST did the January check-in.

Anyways, to the important things...

1. SAVE MONEY, REDUCE DEBT: Slight improvement.  I have set up a regular transfer of money into the savings account per pay period.  It's not a lot, but it's more than I was doing.  Can't wait to get my tax return and add that as well.  Reducing debt?  Not really.  I am continuing to make payments which is good, just need to go the extra effort to pay a little more than the minimum.  I have a feeling this part of this goal is going to be hard for me.

2. GET BACK IN SHAPE:  AWESOME!  So super awesome.  Since I started my "quest to get into shape" back in October (actually, I think it started as - no more sweets, eat better - but still... sam principle). Anyways, I weighed myself on Wednesday evening for a little challenge that Brooke, Amanda and I are doing and I found out that I have lost 18 pounds.  18 POUNDS!  Seriously, I can't say it without doing a happy dance.  I'm so thrilled.

As far as exercise, I was really good about continuing my workouts.  I will be continuing to work out at least three times a week, though I am pushing to transition to running (you'll see why later) when it starts to get warmer out.

3. STEP OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE:  WIN!  This has been a really good goal for me so far.  While I may not have really stretched my limits with outfits, I did start off the month with magenta tights!  This is becoming the difficult time weather-wise for me, where it flip flops daily between 40s and 70s.  It makes it really hard.  One of these weekends, I want to take a good look at my closet and try to plan out some things in advance.  In February, I went out for the first time.  It was great to get out of the house.  Hopefully, I will be able to do these things more often.

Also, next week when I get paid I will be signing up to run the Summerfest Half Marathon with Lauren.  As many of you know, this is REALLY out of my comfort zone.  I have never really been a runner, but I want to get into it.  It's always been a bucket list item to do at least one formal run.  So thank you Lauren for giving me the boost I needed to put it on my schedule.  And a special thank you to Kelly, who I am dubbing my virtual running trainer!  She has provided me with an awesome training calendar and the offer to be my virtual motivation during my training.  The run is on July 10th, a week before my 29th birthday.

So all in all, I think I'm doing pretty well on my goals so far.  Work is going to start getting tougher as it gets closer to my conference, so this will be a test for me.  I have some exciting things to talk about coming up... but will save them for later!

Happy Friday (and bonus outfit)!

*Sweater - Express, Shirt - Express, Dress - (can't remember), Leggings - Express, shoes - Target

2 comments:

  1. A "woo-hoot!!!!" for you, m'dear!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job!
    Wanted to tell you that sometimes dates (the fruit) help with sweets cravings because they are so sweet, but sometimes you just want some rich chocolate cake and you can't deny yourself too often. I try to eat it with a meal so I'm not devouring too much on an empty stomach.
    18 pounds is awesome! Easier than you thought, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete