Friday, May 27, 2011

Goals Check-in: April & May

Here's my recap for the last two months since I seem to have lost my mind the last week of April.

1. SAVE MONEY, REDUCE DEBT: HA.  Vacation totally screwed me here.  I took a little chunk of money from my savings to help (a miracle that I even had that option btw - that should be noted).  I'm back on the band wagon this month.  Payments to my debt are still happening and I'm not really spending on them, so that's good.

2. GET BACK IN SHAPE:  Oh hey, I'm running a half marathon in roughly 6 weeks?  Crap!  The last three weeks with my conference, sickness and vacation was rough.  This week was my first week to force myself back into it and that was equally rough.  Hopefully as I continue to push myself with the schedule I can get back on the ball.  This week was a test too since it was 90 and humid two of the days I had to run.  Running 13 miles in July is going to be awesome!

That being said, I still feel great.  I plan to continue to do some running in my workout schedule once the half is over.  Probably a mix of the shred workouts and running during the week.

Eating is getting a little back and track and needs to continue to improve.  Thankfully, the summer weather always helps to eat less and grilled veggies are my favorite!
3. STEP OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE:  hm.  Negative on this one.  I can't recall anything in the last two months that has helped me accomplish this.

I guess looking back, the last two months were not as bad as they seemed, but definitely a step sideways from the direction I was going.  Hopefully this summer will put me back on track.

This weekend I'm going to be doing my best to occupy all of my free time... leaving as little time as possible for me to dwell in my own head.  I will be spending some time at the pool in my community, watching movies, and taking care of Samson.  I also may go buy myself the Michael Jackson Experience game.  I had a blast playing it with Lauren at my parents house, so that should be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment