The 4th of July was super busy. It started with Melissa, Nanny and I getting up at 5am so we could head down to reserve our spot for the fireworks. This is a hometown tradition. The fireworks are really popular and everyone tries to get the best spot. As you can see, this is just a small portion of people that were waiting for the fireworks that night.
After we reserved the spot, we walked the dogs and then got ready for the 4 mile run. As I posted yesterday, it went really well. I'm looking forward to the half marathon this coming weekend.
Then it was time for the parade. The parade was different this year than previous years. Less bands and fire trucks and more politicians and companies using the advertising. Thankfully two staples were still around; the Jesse White Tumblers and Superman!!! Superman has looked exactly the same for as long as I can remember him... except his outfit is looking a little faded.
Kayla had a great time at her first parade and also on all the walks she took. Poor thing was quickly worn out.
After a nap and hanging out with family, we headed down to get ready for the fireworks. My hometown has the best fireworks and they continue to outdo themselves. Here are a few of the photos I got on my iphone. I'm pretty impressed with how they turned out.
This morning we got up and drove out to my parent's house for the next couple of days. This will be a relaxing few days with less people and less activities. I think we all are going to enjoy that. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment