Monday, July 25, 2011

#90 - Make a "piggy bank"

Melissa and I have been on a mad hunt to put together "piggy banks" for our 101 things.  Mostly because, how can you hold yourself accountable to save money for each completion if you don't have a place to put it??  Totally logical thinking.

First we were going to make something.  Then I suggested converting one of my plastic shoe boxes.  Then I had an idea.... what about something I can use again?  Honestly, totally logical thinking here. :)

While I've been looking through all these blogs and pinterest gathering ideas on decorating, I've developed a love for apothecary jars.  Seriously, they are awesome.

So yesterday, Melissa and I headed out to Michaels to take a look at what they may have.  We stopped at Michaels for two reasons.  One, there is seriously nothing else around my house that sells this stuff (like World Market) and two, I had a 40% off coupon for one regular priced item.  Awesome!  I love Michaels and their endless stream of coupons.

Long story short, we were successful at Michaels and headed home with our new "piggy banks".  I had to get some cash out to start my payments and I still owe myself $20, but I'm calling this one completed.

Here's my new piggy bank.


I'm looking into a couple of ways to maybe dress is up a bit.  And also, ways in which I can use it when this list is completed.

On a semi-related note, Michaels is seriously amazing.  First, they ALREADY HAVE CHRISTMAS STUFF UP.  No joke.  I will be heading there periodically to get my fix.  And second, look what I found:


I had NO idea they even made these.  I found it in the scrapbooking aisle and I bought both pads they had there.  I have no clue what I am going to do with them, but how could I pass them by???

No comments:

Post a Comment