Saturday, October 15, 2011

#79 - Make a playlist of my 100 favorite songs

I'm finally getting around to accomplishing some things of my 101 list.  Specifically, in preparation for all my upcoming travel, I thought this would be a perfect time to make my playlist of 100 favorite songs.

I gave myself some parameters for the list - my favorites from my iTunes playlist.  And they could not all be on genre.   Also, my listening interested at any given time are often mood driven, so I had to not let my current mood sway my list.

I have eclectic music tastes and I think this list is pretty representative of the music I have... except for one thing.  There are not any musical songs or any classical music on this list.

I was pretty strict on my first run through my 2,000 songs and came up with 135 to start with.  After a few quick cuts, it was more difficult to narrow down 112 to 100.  BUT I DID IT.

So here it is. 

  1. Acoustic #3 - Goo Goo Dolls 
  2. Ain't That A Kick In The Head - Dean Martin 
  3. All You Need is Love - The Beatles 
  4. At Last - Etta James 
  5. Baby Boy - Beyonce 
  6. The beat goes on - Sonny & Cher 
  7. Beyond The Sea - Bobby Darin 
  8. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison 
  9. By My Side - Ben Harper 
  10. Calendar Girl - Neil Sedaka 
  11. Can't Get It Right Today - Joe Purdy 
  12. Can I Steal A Little Love? - Frank Sinatra 
  13. Colorblind - Counting Crows 
  14. Come A Little Bit Closer - Jay & the Americans 
  15. Come Away With Me - Norah Jones 
  16. Cornflake Girl - Tori Amos 
  17. Cowboy Take Me Away - Dixie Chicks 
  18. Danke Schoen - Wayne Newton 
  19. Dream a Little Dream of Me - Edith Piaff 
  20. Eternal Flame - The Bangles 
  21. Faith - George Michael 
  22. Feeling Good - Michael Buble 
  23. Fever - Peggy Lee 
  24. Fool Of Me - MeShell Ndegeocello 
  25. For You - Duncan Sheik 
  26. Fred Jones Part 2 - Ben Folds
  27. Galileo - Indigo Girls 
  28. The Girl of My Best Friend - Elvis Presley 
  29. Gives You Hell - The All-American Rejects 
  30. Gotta Get Through This - Daniel Beddingfield 
  31. Grace - Kate Havnevik 
  32. Have you Ever Really Loved a Woman - Bryan Adams 
  33. Haven't Met You Yet - Michael Bublé 
  34. Hawaiian Wedding Song - Elvis Presley 
  35. Hey Baby - Bruce Channel 
  36. I Fall to Pieces - Patsy Kline 
  37. If I Had $1,000,000 - Barenaked Ladies 
  38. If You Like Pina Coladas - Jimmy Buffett  
  39. Iris - Goo Goo Dolls 
  40. Just to See You Smile - Tim McGraw 
  41. A Kiss To Build A Dream On - Louis Armstrong 
  42. Lie In Our Graves - Dave Matthews Band 
  43. Life is a Highway - Tom Cochrane 
  44. Lightning Crashes - Live 
  45. (Love Is) The Tender Trap - Frank Sinatra 
  46. Love Shack - B 52's 
  47. Lovely Tonight - Joshua Radin 
  48. Lover Lay Down - Dave Matthews Band 
  49. Makin' Whoopee - Frank Sinatra 
  50. Material Girl - Madonna 
  51. Mona Lisa - Nat "King" Cole 
  52. Moon River - Henry Mancini 
  53. The More I See You - Michael Buble 
  54. Moving Too Fast - Jack Johnson 
  55. Mrs. Robinson - Simon & Garfunkel 
  56. My Discarded Men - Eartha Kitt 
  57. My Man - Regina Spektor 
  58. My Sharona - The Knack 
  59. (Night Time Is) The Right Time - Ray Charles 
  60. Oh! Look At Me Now - Frank Sinatra 
  61. Oh, Pretty Woman - Roy Orbison 
  62. On an Evening in Roma - Dean Martin 
  63. Only Time - Enya 
  64. Papa Loves Mambo - Perry Como 
  65. Return to Me - Dean Martin 
  66. Ring of Fire - Johnny Cash 
  67. 'S Wonderful - Ella Fitzgerald 
  68. Save The Last Dance For Me - The Drifters 
  69. Say Goodbye - Dave Matthews Band 
  70. Secret - Maroon 5 
  71. Shadowboxer - Fiona Apple 
  72. She's Got a Way - Billy Joel 
  73. She's not You - Elvis Presley 
  74. She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy - Kenny Chesney 
  75. Shoop - Salt N Peppa 
  76. Simply Irresistable - Robert Palmer 
  77. Some Fantastic - Barenaked Ladies 
  78. Somebody to Love - Queen 
  79. Someone to Watch Over Me - Etta James 
  80. Stairway to heaven - Led Zepplin
  81. Stay - Lisa Loeb 
  82. A Sunday Kind of Love - Etta James 
  83. These Boots Are Made For Walking - Nancy Sinatra 
  84. This Is For My People - Missy Elliot 
  85. Tonight - New Kids On The Block 
  86. Tonight Is The Night I Fell Asleep At The Wheel - Barenaked Ladies 
  87. Too-Ra-Loo-Ra-Loo-Ral (That's An Irish Lullaby) - Bing Crosby 
  88. True Love - Bing Crosby 
  89. The Very Thought of You - Nat "King" Cole 
  90. Waiting On An Angel - Ben Harper 
  91. Walk Away - Ben Harper 
  92. The Way You Look Tonight - Michael Bublé 
  93. When I Get You Alone - Thicke 
  94. Where the Boys Are - Connie Francis 
  95. Wonderful - Annie Lennox 
  96. Wonderwall - Oasis 
  97. You Are The Best Thing - Ray LaMontagne 
  98. You Can Call Me Al - Paul Simon 
  99. You Mean Everything to Me - Shawn Mullins 
  100. You Sexy Thing - Hot Chocolate  

1 comment: