While I was in Austin on Thursday, I got an email from the pin up photographer to see if I could come and work her photo booth at this vintage fair going on downtown. Of course, I said yes because I knew it was supposed to be over by 8pm. After a flurry of activity on Friday afternoon and with Brooke and Spranger's plans changing as well, I ended up staying pretty late at the fair. I did manage to snag a couple of photos though. The theme was punk and paper dolls - you can see my "paper doll tabs" in the second picture. :)
I did some window shopping that night and found some really great items. It was an accessories fair so there was a TON of jewelry and hats and there was some clothing.
I convinced my mom late that night to go back with me on Saturday. My aunt, Lindy, met us down there and we spend about 5 hours browsing and shopping. All of us managed to find at least one thing, but I definitely hit it big.
I got a great jacket....
and amazing floor length velvet opera cape (with the original tag)
this adorable hat
and a nice necklace (no picture sorry).
I tried on SOOO many hats between Friday night and Saturday. I love hats. I think I need to just make that my thing... hats. :)
Here are two I didn't end up getting.
I had a blast hanging on with my mom and aunt and it reaffirmed my love of vintage shopping. While I may not be able to fit most of the vintage clothes (why were all the women so tiny), I can certainly partake in the accessories!







No comments:
Post a Comment