I am not sure why I haven't jumped on the 3D band wagon. I've seen a few movies in IMAX but never in 3D. So when Melissa and I planned to see the last Harry Potter movie this weekend for my birthday, I couldn't find a better time to check one item off my list.
I bought our tickets for the 9am show online on Saturday and we showed up 15 minutes before the movie started to this...
Yeah. That's a line. At 8:45am on a Sunday.
Thankfully, they started the movie late to allow everyone a chance to get in. Seems the line was partly because the 9am show was the first show of the morning and they opened the doors late.
Thankfully, we cold avoid the refreshments line since we picked up donuts before we got there. I also had my water bottle of mimosas; this idea coming from my boss. Genius really. I don't know why I hadn't thought about it before. I will be bringing mimosas to the movies with me more often. :)
We ended up having to sit in the very front row if we wanted to sit together. I honestly can't tell you the last time I sat in the front row of the movies. And in IMAX 3D I was worried we were actually going to be IN the movie.
It was great. The movie was great, the IMAX was great... the 3D, eh. It was okay. Honestly, I could've done without it. Sure, there were some parts that were pretty cool in 3D, but for the most part, it was just distracting. Unless you watched straight ahead and in the middle of the screen, I found there was always a slight fuzziness to the movie.
So while it was a good thing to experience (and check off my list), I probably won't be seeing another movie in 3D anytime soon. I just don't think it's for me.
I saw it in 2D (felt I had to be loyal to the rest of the series) and loved it.
ReplyDeleteBut still, I'm glad you knocked something else off your list!