Friday, July 29, 2011

Shopping... Man, I love shopping

*This post is delayed because my brain is busy... 

Last Friday, Melissa and I headed up to the mall to return some shoes we had purchased at the Nordstrom's sale the week before.  While we were there, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to try on a few of the dresses that I had seen the last time we were there.

In typical Nordstrom fashion, while I was gathering up my choices, a girl working there asked to start a fitting room for me.  She seemed harmless enough, though I don't particularly like sales people that hover.  Seriously... why is it that when you want them to leave you alone, they are all over you and when you need help, they are no where to be found?  Anyways...

In typical fashion, I photographed some of my favorites.  Not only does it help me text for additional opinions, but it helps in case I decide to go back at a later date and see if one of the dresses is still around.

I came out of the dressing room to show Melissa and Kayla 4 of the dozen dresses that I tried on.  The first one was cute, but not one of my favorites.

Then I tried a dress on that I typically wouldn't try on.  My hips/thighs are an area I'm always really conscious about so I try to avoid fitted dresses.  I thought I would give it a shot.  (I am actually holding it closed because Melissa had already unzipped it for me).

I actually really liked this dress but Melissa thought the top looked a little weird.  When I came out with this dress on, the girl that had been helping (who was hanging around talking to Melissa and Kayla) asked me if I was going to wear spanx with it.

Not the best way to get a commission.....  I was feeling great about that dress so I was a little put off by her comment.  I simply responded NO and proceeded to ignore her.

After that, I didn't come out in a dress unless I was seriously considering buying it.  There were the two I was torn between.



Melissa liked the red patterned one (and so did Kayla).  A quick text message vote by my mom and Lauren and the decision was unanimous.  The red one went home with me.  :)  I am calling it my date dress.... so, all I need is a date.

Have you had uncomfortable experiences with sales people?

3 comments:

  1. I cannot believe that woman would say that to anyone. wtf. I'm in shock hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked the first dress! And, as a spanx wearer, they're better than slips under tight dresses because they don't bunch up.

    You look fab in all the dresses, but the red one is very nice! Will you add accessories? I think it would look cute in the fall with little booties.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LG - I know. Poor sales technique for sure. She should've told me my butt looked amazing.

    Kelly - Oh, I totally agree. They don't bunch. I'm just not a fan. I tried for Melissa's wedding and I took them off right after the ceremony. I guess as a volleyball player and thus, spandex wearer, I felt weird and extremely uncomfortable wearing them. Regardless, I don't think it's an appropriate sales person technique.

    I will have to dress up the red one with accessories, I'm just not sure what. I like that it is versatile so I can wear it early fall with cute shoes and in the late fall with tights. May need to solicit my BF for some expert style help with that one.

    ReplyDelete