Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Blog, I have a secret...

I feel like I have been lying to you this whole time.

I knew that blogging without that cloak of anonymity would mean that at times I needed to be careful with what I said and how I said it... especially when it came to anything work related.  (Almost all bloggers know Dooce's story of getting fired for blogging about work)

My point, because I do have one, is that there are things that I have purposely not been talking about on here.  And that's been difficult.  If you recall, I started this blog following my break up because my grandpa encouraged me to journal.  And for the most part, I think I've been pretty open about everything.

I had two rules for myself when I started this blog.  First, I would do my best to remain neutral about my ex, and second, that I would not write about anything related to work that wasn't common knowledge or specifically related to me.

So there have been things going on in my life that I couldn't write about.  Until now.

So here's my secret blog, I'm sorry for keeping it from you...

Since my breakup, I have been looking for a new job back in Chicago.  And I mean LOOKING.  I applied and applied and applied resulting in a handful of interviews that never went anywhere and a disheartened feeling in my gut.

Until last week.  Last week I was offered and accepted a new job in Chicago.  So, I am moving... to CHICAGO!

Words cannot express how excited I am about this new development.  I'm so excited to be closer to my family and friends.  I will date and have an actual social life.  The possibilities are endless.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the new job! That's so exciting! I am so jealous you're going back to Chicago- I can't wait to be back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SOOOOOO happy for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just what you needed. Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congratulations! i'm sure your family will love having you closer!

    ReplyDelete