Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Ballet and Yoga and Sculpt - Oh My!!

Last week I wrote about my need to get my butt in gear as far as my weight and staying in shape.  I've noticed that doing NOTHING does not work for me.  I'm not willing to cut out foods from my diet completely (I love food) so I have to continue to exercise.  Last week I realized that I gained almost all the weight back that I lost last year.  BOO!

So this past weekend, I signed up for a new client intro period at this gym near my parents house.  It's a "girly" gym that has spin classes, yoga classes, and ballet-inspired classes.

On Saturday morning, I went to my first class - Ballet Boot Camp.

Two things.

First, it kicked my ASS!  Seriously, I was struggling.  I know a lot of people had said that ballet was a great form of exercise and it's really great for getting your body in shape.  I totally get that now.  I was struggling during the class.  It was fun, but hard.

Second, I do NOT have a dancers body.  All the other girls in class were thin little things.  I have muscles.... leg muscles, arm muscles.  I have an athlete body that worked for me for volleyball.  Not dancing.

Last night, my mom and I went to a yoga-sculpt class.  It was fun.  A bit more intense than a regular sculpt class.  I was still pretty sore from the boot camp class, so it was nice to get a good stretching class in.

Tonight, we are trying Candlelight yoga.  Which I'm going to guess is much more relaxing and slow paced than the yoga class we went to yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment