Friday evening I did nothing, which was nice. Brendan and I watched "Friends with Benefits" which was surprisingly entertaining and WAY better than "No Strings Attached". Considering they are essentially the exact same story, I was surprised by how different they were. FWB definitely played up the humor aspect more than NSA did.
On Saturday, I wanted to get out and just hang out with some friends. Something low key. So I dragged Brendan with me and we headed down to the Gold Coast neighborhood to grab dinner and drinks. My wardrobe is not prepared for evenings out, even the relaxing kind.... this was the best I could do.
Sorry the photos are dark, I didn't turn the lights on in my room. *Jeans - Express, Jacket - H&M (Seriously... this jacket has already earned its money's worth), shirt - Nordstrom, shoes - Nine West
We met Brooke, her friend Ravi, Sprangers, Kate and their friend Ryan. Brendan's friend, Devon, showed up shortly after we finished eating.
Sprangers, Kate and Ryan left after dinner because they were running in the Shamrock Shuffle the next morning, so the rest of us headed back up to the Wrigleyville area to meet up with a few more people. I had a lot of fun and made it home (without Brendan) around 1am.
Sunday, Melissa, my mom and I went to see Hunger Games. I read the book a year ago after my coworker, Cindy, convinced me to read it. I FLEW through all three books. When the first started promoting the movie, I was really excited.
Given how much I was looking forward to the movie, it did not disappoint. I was actually happy with how much they stuck to the book and felt they covered a lot in the 2.5 hours. I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle the next two books. Might have to reread them soon since it's been a year and who knows when the next movie is coming out.
No comments:
Post a Comment