This past weekend was busy. Dave and Jill came up to visit and to help Melissa and Justin move some of their things to their POD in preparation for their trek to Chicago. It was fun to see them and have a change of pace for the weekend.
Saturday afternoon I went to mass. The topic for the mass was all about forgiveness. I'm sure a lot of this had to do with the anniversary of 9/11. It also felt very personal since this past week and through the weekend I was dealing with a lot of internal issues with the ex. True to his fashion, I haven't heard anything from him regarding the house (or anything else for that matter) in a month. I also hadn't heard back from his parents. I was giving them time figuring they would follow up, but I swallowed my pride and emailed them on Saturday morning. Still no word. If I don't hear from them by the end of this week, I will have to write the ex. It's not going to be a nice conversation, which of course, drives me to avoid it even more.
Sunday was pretty low key. We went out to breakfast before Dave and Jill left and then Melissa and I made a run to Target. She also convinced me to stop at the mall with her... which really, she didn't have to twist my arm. I was dying to try on a pair of Hunter rain boots. Considering all the rain this summer, I was getting tired of paying $15 every 6 months or so to buy a cheap pair of boots from Target. While they worked their purpose, I have spent close to the $125 it cost for the Hunter rain boots and I don't even like the Target ones enough to wear them with regular clothes. They are my "I had no choice, it's really wet out" boots. So I treated myself to a pair. I'm considering them an investment. Especially since I can buy some fleece socks to wear them with and they are functional in the snow as well. Win - win in my opinion. Of course, after much debate on the color, I decided on the hunter green. Shocker, I know. Here they are...just waiting for the first wear.
Speaking of wearing. Here is my outfit for the day and my new nail color for the week. I took a small break for a couple of weeks while I was sick of doing my nails. It gave me time to recover but now I am ready for all the fun fall colors. Every time we go to Target, Melissa asks if I am going to look at nail polish. Yesterday, I only left with one. Now THAT is an accomplishment!
*sweater - Target, belt & Skirt - Jcrew, shoes - Nine West
It's called "let's talk" by Sinful.
P.S. Did anyone else through themselves into the emotional turmoil that was the 9/11 historical coverage? Because I certainly did. I saw a fascinatingly-terrifying documentary on the Smithsonian Channel as well as a documentary on the building of the memorial on the History Channel.
No comments:
Post a Comment