Saturday, December 31, 2011

2011 - The first "year of Megan"

In January, I started this blog as a way to express my feelings with what happened and to get a grip on what I was going to do next.  I can't lie and say that my plans for 2011 were completely thrown away when the break up happened.  I mean, 2011 was going to be full of wedding activities and moving.... and well.... none of that happened.  So I needed a plan.  Or at least a distraction.

I came up with my goals for the year as a way to help me with things to accomplish for the year.  I do well when I have something to attain (maybe it's the years of competitive sports).

While I wasn't regimented on accomplishing those goals, it did help me throughout the year.

Primarily, I moved on from my break up... and am ready to date again.  Now that's an accomplishment in my book.

Also, now that I am inching closer to 30, I feel confident that I am really identifying who I am.  I finally made the transition from post-college adult to full-fledged professional adult.  Sure, I still have some ways to go, but I do feel much about myself and where I am.  I have a good job (that I am good at).  I am identifying where I want to go with my career.  I have family and friends that I care about and care about me.  I am finally narrowing down what my personal style is and take more pride in my appearance (a still thing, but still important).

I am excited with where I have come in 2011 and am anxious to see what can unfold in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment