Monday, November 5, 2012

The busiest of busy weekends

This weekend was jam-packed and started early on Friday.

I rushed to get out of work before 2pm on Friday so that I could meet Leslie at my place and finish cooking some things for the Open House/Jewelry Trunk Show at my place that evening.  Melissa and Lauren came down before 4pm with Brody and Liam.

Everyone else started to arrive around 7ish.  It was mostly family, with Lindy, Makala and my grandma coming down for the suburbs, and a few girls from work.

Unfortunately, I did not get one picture of the nice set up Leslie put together with all the jewelry in the dining room.  Melissa, Lauren and I got to wear a bunch of the jewelry for the evening which was fun.  It's like test driving for jewelry.

I think everyone had a great time - I certainly did.  Leslie and I ended up doing some straightening up and heading to bed around midnight.

Saturday morning we had a slow start and then headed down to Soldier field to pick up our race day packets for the Hot Chocolate 5k on Sunday.  We ended up getting through the line in an hour and then headed straight up to the Hales house for a visit.

Jill was in town to babysit the kids so Melissa and Justin could go to her 10 year high school reunion and Leslie was looking forward to seeing Kayla.  We had a blast (even though Leslie and I were falling asleep on the floor - at least I was)!  I got some play time in with Brody which was nice.


The Hales had gone to Ikea in the morning and brought back a tent for Kayla.  She was in love!!


Then for the next 20-30 mins it was "MeMe dit (MeMe sit!)".  I gotta tell you, those tents are not made for adults.


Leslie and I finally made it home around 5ish, just enough time to pick up some pizza and watch the Five-Year Engagement (eh, not as good as I heard).  We had an early morning for the run.


My alarm went off at 5am on Sunday so I could walk Samson before we headed over to the red line to get down to Grant Park.  Our trip to the run was disastrous as worst, comical at best.  First, the red line was so packed, TWO trains passed by that we could not get on.  Time was running out, so we decided to find a cab to take us there - along with 100s of other people.  So we ended up running down to North Ave. and Sedgwick (3 miles from my place) before we finally found a cab.  Got as far as we could in the cab, ran to the race start, hopped a fence to get into one of the corrals and then waited 35 minutes until our group started.

*hopped the fence with no pants ripped!

We finished the race in 34 minutes which wasn't bad and really enjoyed our end of run Chocolate mug!



No comments:

Post a Comment