Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My version of the Pinterest Challenge

So completely unplanned, I did my own version of the pinterest challenge.  While I was browsing pinterest on Sunday morning,  I couldn't stop staring at this chocolate peanut butter torte.  Seriously, doesn't it look delicious?

I don't know if it was my multiple out loud comments about the dessert or the fact that Justin wanted some too, but he offered to go pick up the remaining ingredients we needed.  An hour or so later, I was cooking away.

Honestly, it had been a while since I have done any baking.  Not since Valentine's day when my homemade oreos won the cooking contest at my office.  :)  And I missed it.  It was really nice to bake again, even though this was a low key dessert.

I asked Melissa to take some good photos of the results because I think it was pretty close to the original recipe.

What do you think?




I was the only one that had any on Sunday night and it was good (though not completely set up) and then Melissa, Justin and I had some last night while watching the finale of The Bachelorette.

So I guess it was a bit of a pinterest challenge (minus the "make it your own" bit).  It totally counts.

*Thanks Melissa for the food photos. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment