Wednesday, August 10, 2011

A day late...

On Tuesday, I took a photo of my outfit.  I didn't post it then because I didn't want to detract any attention from my mom's birthday post.


I bought that tunic after seeing this outfit post on Love Maegan.  This was still during a time when I was delusional as to how long my torso really is.  Looks cute on her right?  And it was pretty cheap, so I snatched it up.

When it arrived, I couldn't wait to try it on.  Only there were two issues.  First, I couldn't actually put it on because the arm holes were so tight I couldn't get it up past my elbows.  Honestly, I know I have bigger arms because I have muscles, but seriously... not past the elbows.  Talk about frustrating.  Not wanting to give up, I cut the seams under the arms and sewed them back.  It's not the best solution, but it worked.

Then, once I was able to actually put the tunic on, it was no where near the a tunic length.  It was a long shirt. So now I only wear it as a shirt.  It's worked out pretty well for the handful of times I've worn it.

Lesson learned for online shopping (or really any kind of shopping): Know your body type!  While a dress/shirt/skirt/coat/etc might look amazing on the model, that doesn't mean it's going to look that way on you.  And it's okay!!!

Today I am wearing this outfit with a skinnier belt and my coral peep toe pumps.  I was supposed to have lunch with a CVB (convention & visitors bureau) but had to cancel because of too much work.

1 comment: