Monday, March 28, 2011

Goals Check-in: March Round Up

I just realized that today is March 28th... which means I should've done my goals check-in on Friday.  Oops.  Well, better late than never...
1. SAVE MONEY, REDUCE DEBT: Going pretty well.  I had "forgotten" about my savings account and the money that is being automatically transferred there.  This is a good thing.  It goes unnoticed, which means I won't touch it.  Still waiting on my tax return to help chip away at the debt.  I make all my payments on time, so that's a plus at least.
2. GET BACK IN SHAPE:  This is going well.  I'm on my 4th week of training for the half marathon and I'm pleased at how well I am doing on the runs.  Saturday I ran 3.5 miles, which I'm pretty sure is the longest I have ever run.  It was kindof chilly out, but the sun was shining.  I found a good run I think will work for these middle distance runs. 
I think when the weather gets nicer out and I can regularly schedule my runs that I will try to mix in my 30 Day Shred video as well.  I actually miss doing the strength exercises and I do notice a difference since I stopped. 

Also, the eating habits have taken a hit since my roommates (sorry Lis...)  So I am probably going to have to figure out how to get back on that. 
3. STEP OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE:  Eh.... it was okay.  As Amanda quoted last week, "that's alot of pencil skirt."  So apparently I need to branch out a bit.  Noted Amanda... noted.

I do still plan to wear pencil skirts often since I have several in my closet.  I'll try to mix it up some more.  I'm struggling with this goal a bit.  I've been really tired lately so it hinders my willingness to take extra time in the morning to get ready.  I am running the marathon in the summer which is WAY out of my comfort zone, so that's good.  April will be my month to be creative and think of other ways I can achieve this goal.  I think there will be several opporuntities to do so, I just have to keep my eyes open.

So all in all, I think I'm doing pretty well on my goals so far.  April and May are going to be VERY busy months for me.  I have a family wedding, my work conference, girls trip to Mexico and a quick stop over in Chicago.... all before Memorial day.
Happy Monday (and bonus outfit)!


*Sweater - Jcrew, Shirt - Victorias Secret, Skirt - Express, Tights - Target, shoes - Nine West 

I'm so annoyed I have to weay tights and it's almost April!

No comments:

Post a Comment