Friday, March 25, 2011

too much social media?

I've been thinking alot lately... how much is too much when you talk about the social media circus that we deal with now.

There's Facebook, myspace (if you still use it), LinkedIn, twitter, tumblr, flickr, blogging....  should I keep going?

Recently, I've started a tumblr account to see what all the fuss was about.  This is usually how it starts for me.  I create an account because apparently it's the coolest thing ever and decided after playing around in it for a few weeks if I want to continue to use it or not.  Facebook is so far the only thing on the list that I really enjoy.  I deleted my myspace acount ages ago and before that there was friendster.  I dabbled in twitter before I quickly got bored and deleted my account (though I still have an account for work).  I have a linkedIn account, but I still don't really understand why I should be on LinkedIn.  As you can see, I blog as it's convenient to me (this is not my first blog and probably not my last...). 

So I testing Tumblr... we'll see in a few weeks how that's going.  It sounds like a cross between blogging and twitter, which in that case, makes it sort of redundant doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment