Friday, January 28, 2011

Goals Check-in: January Round Up

Can you believe that this is the last Friday in January???  I can't believe it.  I'm not ready for February.

Given it's the end of the month, I'm ready to check-in on my goals for the year.

1. SAVE MONEY, REDUCE DEBT: Fail.  Well, half fail.  I opened a savings account!  And I put a small amount of money in it.  I will be putting that same amount of money into the account each pay period (every two weeks).  It's a start.  Reducing debt?  Nope.  I am continuing to make payments which is good, just need to go the extra effort to pay a little more than the minimum.  I have a feeling this part of this goal is going to be hard for me, especially with the negative way the house situation is moving.

2. GET BACK IN SHAPE:  Hm....  not so good this month.  I worked out two days.  TWO days the entire month!  Now, part of this is because I was not at my house for 2 out of the 4 weeks, and I blame the rest of it on the fact that Kayla came. :)  I'll be back to my regular schedule of work outs as soon as I get home this weekend.  I'm not too worried about this one.  Plus, I weighed myself at the beginning of the month and just the other day and there isn't a change... so I guess that's a small achievement.  I still walk Samson several times a day, so it's not like I'm doing nothing!  Health wise, I read this great book on what you feed your body.  I'm ready to go grocery shopping this week with what I learned in mind.

3. STEP OUT OF MY COMFORT ZONE:  WIN!  I did well at this one.  I made plans after work, something I typically don't do because of Samson.  I wore dark nail polish, a first for me.  I wore sequins to work (and got complimented on them!).  I made a better effort to step out of my "jeans and t-shirt" uniform.  I need to think of ways to reach this goal in February.  Suggestions??

It's been really nice to be able to stay in VA with Leslie this week (THANKS LESLIE!)  so that Samson and I can be close by to Melissa and Justin.  It's going to be hard to go back home this weekend, but nice to know that I can come down on the weekends to visit and help out.

I'm typically not a NFL fan, but the Packers are in the Super Bowl and well.... who can resist this???

1 comment: