It started on Friday with a haircut and 6 hour drive to Columbus. I actually got to Columbus earlier than expected, so I beat the rest of my family to the gathering taking place that evening. I had a blast. It was so nice to see everyone. I laugh because if you really broke down the family tree of everyone (about 40 people) in the room, most of us are barely related! But everyone treats everyone like cousins.
Saturday morning Lauren and I woke up EARLY and decided to do our 5.5 mile run. I convinced her to just run on the treadmills because the weather outside was pretty crappy. I think it went really well and we both finished in a little over an hour. Then we just hung out with everyone that was at the hotel for the afternoon. Finally, it was time to get ready and head to the "wedding". I say "wedding" because it was really just cocktail hour and dinner at a restaurant, for 190 people. :)
As I alluded to in many past posts, I had a really difficult time pulling together an outfit. I was determined to wear the tulle skirt I won in a contest, and finding a suitable top proved difficult even for my fashionista BF, Amanda. After an afternoon of ransacking my closet while video chatting, we found a good shirt that I already owned! Here's the final product. Don't mind the hair... I forgot to take a picture before we left, so the best I could do was when I returned home. Of course, it was raining at night so the hair is damp.
Hey, hotel bathroom! :)
Anyways, then on Sunday, we had a baby shower for Leslie. She had a TON of presents to open and seemed to like the baby food maker and equipment we bought her. I also made monogrammed onsies which were a bit hit at the shower.
I left the shower with my family a little bit early so we could head on the road.
It was a fun weekend and I was thrilled to see my family... but it was exhausting to drive that much in the short amount of time.
No comments:
Post a Comment